March 2019

Hello again! It is now the end of March and the end of Med Pharm. We are officially done with our NBME Pharmacology Shelf exam which was the closure to both our Med Pharm and Principles courses. While we are still continuing with our Cellular Control Mechanisms course, the semester is wrapping up quickly. We have two exams and a few presentations for some of our journal club courses left. Many classmates are now shifting their focus to the MCAT, gearing up for medical school applications, and filling up our gap years with meaningful jobs and experiences. As for me, I am planning on taking the MCAT for a second time in early June and submitting my application shortly thereafter. For my gap year, I am currently looking for either research or healthcare-related job opportunities in the New Orleans area as I would like to try to stay here in the city!
March has been my greatest volunteer month to date! March was full of a lot of Girls on the Run practices as well as volunteer time at Hogs for the Cause. Hogs for the Cause is an annual event that raises money for pediatric brain cancer. This event has been around for several years now and has really grown in size which is fantastic. Several classmates and I volunteered in a drinks tent associated with Girls on the Run; and speaking of, our biannual 5K will be taking place next weekend! See you at the end of April for our last blog post!

March 2019 hours: 11.5
Total hours: 25.75

Comments

Popular Posts