February 2019


It’s officially the end of February, med pharm and principle blocks, and the start of Mardi Gras! Today we took our last principles and normal med pharm block exam on psych! This block was really interesting for me, as I had previously heard about the use of many drugs we covered (especially with my prior work in the emergency department), but now I have a full understanding of how they work. Finishing up the last block is a bit surreal, however, it also puts into perspective how little time we have left. Within the remaining time, we have our med pharm shelf exam. This is going to be our biggest exam yet, and now that psych is over, total dedication to studying for that can be done. 
Also in this last half of the semester, I will be beginning to prepare to retake the MCAT. Many classmates are well on their way with studying already, some even scheduled to take it very soon. There are also many people in our class who are interviewing and getting their acceptance letters to medical school, which is very exciting. It’s nice to see hard work paying off for others, and I personally think it acts as an incentive for myself to keep working hard towards my own goals.
This month I continued volunteer work with Girls on the Run! The girls are starting to gear up in preparation for the spring 5k in April and their community impact project!  These are both things that I know the girls are looking forward to with myself included. Each practice they are able to run further and faster. By the next blog post we will have completed the shelf and will be in preparation for wrapping up our cellular control mechanisms course as well! Happy Mardi Gras!

February hours: 5.75
Total hours: 14.25

Comments

Popular Posts